February 1, 2019
Lead United is a student leadership council focusing on community service and volunteerism in the local Clarksville area. Student service ambassadors will serve on United Way’s student executive board to help implement community projects for middle and high school students throughout the community. Two to three students from each local high school will be selected to serve as service ambassadors. Ambassadors will meet once a month during the school year to plan, coordinate, and complete one to two community projects each year.
- To enhance student leadership skills in community service activities
- To expand student based volunteer opportunities throughout the Clarksville community
- To allow student leaders to collaborate together from the different local area schools
- To inform student leaders about the pressing issues and needs pertaining to the Clarksville community
- To demonstrate the importance of youth advocacy and volunteerism in the local area
Upcoming juniors and seniors who attend public, private, or home-based schools in the Clarksville-Montgomery County area. Interested students should:
- Demonstrate leadership in academic and community activities
- Express a passion for volunteer and service based projects for the Clarksville community
- Possess a willingness to encourage student peers to participate in student service opportunities
- Maintain the ability to attend majority of student ambassador meetings
- Request an application form from school guidance counselor or United Way of the Greater Clarksville Region
- Obtain and submit two teacher references
- Submit application to United Way – Application deadline is March 22, 2019.
To apply, download the application below.