It’s Your Money. You’ve Earned It. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program can help you KEEP IT! Offered through a partnership between United Way of the Greater Clarksville Region and Clarksville Regional Alliance for Financial Independence, V.I.T.A will provide FREE tax preparation and financial advice for low to moderate income taxpayers February 3-April 13, 2013. The program also helps working families receive the full amount of their tax refunds and begin to create savings by taking advantage of tax credit opportunities.
Individuals with an adjusted gross income of $57,000 or less qualify for the program. Other situations may also allow eligibilty. Anyone who may need assistance is encouraged to contact the program for more information about eligibilty.
VITA sites will be located at the public libraries in Montgomery, Houston and Stewart counties. Hours are as follows:
Montgomery County:Tue-Fri: 10am-6pm & Saturday: 10am-4pm.
Houston County: Saturdays,10am-3pm
Stewart County: Fridays, 9am-2pm
Qualifying taxpayers may also file for free from the comfort of their home at www.myfreetaxes.com/clarksvilleregion. Online assistance is available through this site.
Those receiving free tax assitance through VITA should bring the following information to the session. Most spouses must be present if filing jointly.
- Proof of identity (preferably a picture ID)
- All W-2, 1098 or 1099 forms
- Social Security Card or Tax ID Number Card for all individuals listed on return
- Voided bank check or savings deposit slip (for direct deposit to receive funds in 1-10 days)
- Both spouses must be present if filing jointly
- Documentation of other income
- Childcare providers’ ID number
- Verification of estimated tax payments made
For additional information, please contact (931) 648-1000.