January 31, 2014
It’s Your Money. You’ve Earned It. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program can help you KEEP IT! Offered by Clarksville-Montgomery County Community Action Agency, V.I.T.A will provide FREE tax preparation and financial advice for low to moderate income taxpayers February 4-April 15, 2014. The program also helps working families receive the full amount of their tax refunds and begin to create savings by taking advantage of tax credit opportunities.
Individuals or families with a combined adjusted gross income of $58,000 or less qualify for the program. Other situations may also allow eligibilty. Anyone who may need assistance is encouraged to contact the program for more information about eligibilty.
VITA services will be located at the Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library, Tuesday-Friday from 11am-5pm and Saturday from 11am-3pm.
Those receiving free tax assistance through VITA should bring the following information to the session. Most spouses must be present if filing jointly.
- Proof of identity (preferably a picture ID)
- All W-2, 1098 or 1099 forms
- Social Security Card or Tax ID Number Card for all individuals listed on return
- Voided bank check or savings deposit slip (for direct deposit to receive funds in 1-10 days)
- Both spouses must be present if filing jointly
- Documentation of other income
- Childcare providers’ ID number
- Verification of estimated tax payments made
For additional information, please contact (931) 896-1800, ext. 1812.