October 3, 2023
**𝑨𝑫𝑶𝑷𝑻-𝑨-𝑭𝑨𝑴𝑰𝑳𝒀 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑮𝑹𝑨𝑴 𝑼𝑷𝑫𝑨𝑻𝑬**
All applications for the Adopt-a-Family program are now closed! If you are a family that has turned in an application as of 11/9/2023, please keep an eye on your email inbox and/or a phone call concerning your application status.
Thank you so much to all of our sponsors who have volunteered to adopt a family this year! You will receive your matched family by email next week (November 13-17).
The holidays are fast approaching, and while generally a season of joy and time spent around the table with family and friends, they can also be stressful for families who are financially strained. This is where United Way of the Greater Clarksville Region steps in and brings sponsors and families together to create a recipe for a magical holiday season through the annual United Way Adopt-a-Family program!
How the program works:
- Through the UW Adopt-a-Family program, workplaces, families, civic groups, or individuals can apply to sponsor a family in need. Sponsors will indicate the number of families and the size(s) of the family they wish to adopt on their application.
- Families who need assistance can apply for adoption and will be given the opportunity to list reasonable gift ideas and needs for each family member. United Way accepts both adults and children as participants in the program, so a “family” in need can range anywhere from a veteran, an elderly adult, or parent(s)/guardian with children in the same household.
- United Way will match sponsors to families according to the number and size(s) of families indicated on the sponsorship application. Sponsors will then be emailed the wish list from their adopted family. Gifts provided by sponsors must be wrapped, each labelled with the name of the family member it is for and dropped off to the United Way GCR office by the designated time frame.
- Families will be contacted for their appointment date and time to pick up their gifts from the United Way office. Gifts will not be delivered to families.
If desired, sponsors and families will have the opportunity to meet each other at United Way’s office during the family’s scheduled appointment for gift pick up. Otherwise, all parties remain anonymous with only the first name of each family member provided to sponsors for the purpose of labelling gifts.
Important Deadlines to Remember:
Please be mindful of the following deadlines – we will not be able to honor late applications.
- November 3rd – Sponsorship applications due to United Way
- November 10th – Family applications due to United Way
- December 11th – 15th – Sponsor gifts to families must be wrapped, labelled, and delivered during this timeframe to the United Way office at 107 Jefferson St., Suite 107.
Sponsors who would like to adopt can download and print the application (see below). The sponsor application is also available for in-person pickup at the United Way office between the hours of 9:00 am – 2:00 pm at 107 Jefferson St., Suite 107, Clarksville, TN 37040.
To submit, you may scan and email the sponsor application to BFicklin@uwgcr.org with the subject line “Sponsor – Adopt Family” or drop off at the United Way office during the above hours. The deadline to submit is November 3rd.
Family applications are limited and will be considered on a first come, first served basis. UW staff will email and/or call approved families after the deadline to submit which is November 10th to confirm they have been approved. We cannot honor late applications.
Family applications are only available for in-person pickup at the United Way office between the hours of 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday through Friday. The United Way office is located at 107 Jefferson Street, Suite 107, Clarksville. If you are unable to pick up an application in-person, you may send someone to pick one up for you.
To submit your application, you may drop it off at the United Way office during the above hours or dropped in the mail slot on the office door. A copy of your drivers license or State-issued photo ID is required as part of your application. If you do not have access to a printer, UW staff can make a copy for you during the drop off hours.
For Questions or Additional Information:
For all inquiries, please call our office at (931)647-4291.