May 30, 2017
Right from birth, children are constantly learning. What they learn during those early years depends on the experiences they have each and every day. To promote these early learning opportunities, United Way is excited to partner with the City of Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department to install a Born Learning Trail in our community. Located at Liberty Park, the trail will contain ten interactive signs and activities that adults can engage in with young children to turn an outdoor trip into a fun learning experience. Attached is more information about the project.
We invite you and your workplace team to participate by volunteering to help create the trail on United Way’s national Day of Action, June 21st.
- TIME: Volunteers are needed between 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- WHERE: Liberty Park, Clarksville
- WHAT YOU WILL DO: Tasks include assembling/installing signage and painting hopscotch activities on the sidewalks. There is opportunity for all skill sets to help.
- PICNIC LUNCH: In appreciation of your hard work, volunteers can enjoy a picnic lunch in the park from 12:00 -1:30 pm.
- RIBBON CUTTING: Following completion, volunteers are invited to attend the trail’s Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with Mayor Kim McMillan at 2:00 m.
It’s easy to sign up to help…just click this link: http://volunteerclarksville.volunteerhub.com/EventGroup/Index/68819 or contact Dana Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org.